ICAO’s newly developed Aviation Data-Driven Decision-Making (AD3M) Course is to be integrated into Nanyang Technological University (NTU) of Singapore’s Aviation and Air Transport Advanced Management Programme.
The new integration is the first result of a recent Memorandum of Agreement between ICAO and NTU governing the development and delivery of new educational programmes and training courses within the ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS framework. It was recently signed by ICAO’s Secretary General, Dr. Fang Liu, and the Dean of the NTU’s Nanyang Business School, Professor Robert Kennedy.
“This partnership is in line with ICAO’s objective to expand its affiliations with Universities globally,” commented Dr. Liu, “with the aim of offering quality aviation educational and soft skills programmes for current and future aviation professionals.”
The AD3M course explores the fundamental concepts behind data-driven decision-making and prioritization as well as enabling trainees to apply these concepts to practical scenarios and real-life situations. It will complement NTU’s executive programme in aviation and air transport in order to develop and upgrade professional competencies for the thriving global aviation industry.
The course will also be offered as a credit course for qualifying students earning academic credits towards the Nanyang Executive Masters in Business Administration degree and targets anyone who is involved in collecting, managing, reporting or making decisions using aviation data.
The first session will be offered at NTU starting on 11 July 2018 at NTU’s campus. For more information on this programme, please click here.
iMPLEMENT is an ICAO product designed to help the Directors General of Civil Aviation
and the Transport Ministers:
- to assess the current status of the aviation in their countries,
- to identify the best solutions in order to maintain or improve the aviation capability of the State,
- to evaluate the needs of the aviation system in term of money, people, infrastructure and to identify and access resources through the existing national, regional or global mechanisms and
- to showcase the real added value of the aviation and the socio-economic returns of investing in aviation
It is a data-driven decision making process that:
- produce a High-level report showing State information,
- facilitates the enhancement of a State’s implementation rate by helping prioritize activities based on data and
- provides a business case for the economic and social impact of aviation development